Document and Publication 大发11选5
Mailing 大发11选5 Notice
Beginning Monday, March 23, there will be no mail delivery or mail pick-up at Macomb campus offices. Department offices should designate one person to drop-off and pick-up mail at Document and Publication 大发11选5 between the hours of 10 a.m.-noon Tuesdays and Thursdays only. If you are picking up mail, the door will be locked and you will have to have your daily temperature pass to be admitted. When you arrive, please call for admittance, but you will not be allowed to enter without your daily pass.
Individuals should enter through the main west doors of the DPS building and follow signs to DPS office. DPS is located north of WIU Facilities Management building, across from Thompson Hall, on the northwest edge of campus.
WIU-Quad Cities campus offices mail are shipped via UPS. DPS will ship to the QC campus on Tuesdays. Departments with mail for the Quad Cities campus must bring mail and packages to DPS by noon Tuesdays. The WIU-QC campus should also ship to the Macomb campus by noon Tuesdays.
Residence hall mail operations will remain in operation following direction from USPS. Any student who wishes to have their mail forwarded, but is not residing on campus must request this service by emailing uhds@大发11选5. Students who have not checked out of the residence halls will have their mail delivered to their campus mailbox to pick up upon their return to campus.
Print 大发11选5 Notice
Printing orders will be completed as needed. Departments will be notified when jobs are complete, and will be required to pick up printed orders at DPS as delivery service will not be available. The office will be open for print job pick-ups on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m.-noon, unless alternative arrangements are made with DPS staff.
For more information or questions, or to make alternative arrangements for printing, email DPS@大发11选5.
Document and Publication 大发11选5 (DPS) is a cost-recovery entity of Western Illinois University. Housed on the north edge of campus, DPS is available to faculty, students, staff, and alumni of WIU, as well as to nonprofit organizations, taxing authorities, and government-funded entities.
DPS offers both color and black digital printing and copying. It also offers extensive bindery services, including cutting, folding, stapling, laminating, drilling, perforating, scoring, padding, tabbing, and binding (coil, comb, and perfect). DPS also offers paper for sale by the ream or case.
DPS Premail is also available to assist you with your address verification and imprinting needs, as well as with stuffing and sealing envelopes.
Place an Order
Our order forms have changed! All users will need to create an account the first time you place an order. After your account has been created, University employees will access the order forms with their WIU ecom credentials. External customers will access the order forms using their account login and password they created at the first login. Please call DPS with any questions, 309-298-1000.
Please remember that DPS is not allowed to receive or deliver personal packages that are shipped to the University for employees.
With the recent change Amazon made to their shipping provider, we are experiencing an increased volume of personal packages being delivered to WIU.
Beginning January 1, 2018, personal mail/packages will be returned to the sender upon arrival at DPS. Please update all shipping addresses to reflect your 大发11选5 address for personal packages.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
DPS provides the following mail preparation and delivery services
- interdepartmental and US Postal Service (USPS) mail pick-up and delivery
- interdepartmental and USPS mail processing
- stamps and metering
- communication and coordination with the US Postal Service (USPS)
- e-mail, network share, or portable media submission of data for variable data and merging, labeling, tabbing, and/or sorting.
- indicia application
- label production and application
- insertion of material into envelopes and other mailing containers ("stuffing")
- envelope sealing
- automated mail preparation
- postal statement generation
- bundling of mail in trays or bags
- The current price for a first-class stamp is 50 cents. This increases to 55 cents on January 27, 2019.
- Mail that is metered at DPS is currently 47 cents for a 1 ounce letter. This increases to 50 cents on January 27, 2019.
- Whenever possible, use interdepartment envelopes (usually brown with multiple spaces for from, to, and department information) for mail on and between the Macomb and Quad Cities campuses
- Address interdepartmental mail as follows:
- Use recipient's department name, not building and room number, in addresses
- DPS picks up, sorts, and delivers mail by department
- Separate interdepartmental mail from US Postal Service (USPS) mail
- For interdepartment mailings of more than 25 pieces, use paper clips or rubber bands to group pieces by department
- For residence hall mail, use paper clips or rubber bands to group pieces by hall
- For larger residence hall mailings, contact UHDS
Postage Charge Slips
- Contact DPS at (309) 298-1000 or dps@大发11选5 to request postage charge slips
Outgoing US Postal Service Mail
- DPS sells standard, first class forever stamps for personal use to individuals who pay cash in person.
- Outgoing University mail should clearly identify Western Illinois University, and its appearance should reflect positively the image of the University as an institution of higher learning:
- Use official, pre-printed University envelopes for all outgoing, off-campus mail
- strongly encourage and, in most cases, require the direct printing of mailing addresses and return addresses on University mail
- prohibit or restrict the use of address labels on University mailings of 200 or more pieces
- Contact DPS for information about automated mail preparation and postage rates
- strongly discourage the use of mailing labels on University mailings of less than 200 pieces
- prohibit the use of address labels on windowed envelopes
- prohibit the use of labels for return addresses
- Use official combination mailing address–return address labels for small numbers of large envelopes or any number of oddly shaped mailing containers
- Contact DPS for information about combination mailing address–return address labels
- As with official, pre-printed University envelopes and combination mailing address–return address labels, all outgoing University mail should display a complete University return address that includes the name of the sending department
- For all mailings of 200 or more pieces, contact DPS about automated mail preparation and rates
- Include a completed postage charge slip with all outgoing University mail
- Separate outgoing off-campus mail, on-campus mail, and international mail
- Seal thick envelopes manually to prevent damage to such mail pieces during processing
- Arrange unsealed envelopes with the flaps down for automated mailings. Arrange them with flaps overlapping each other for daily mail.
- Address large envelopes with the sealed end on the right.
Postage Stamps & Postage-Paid Postcards for University Mail
- The state of Illinois requires the purchase of postage stamps endorsed with a perforated "I" for University mail
- Contact DPS to purchase postage stamps for University mail
- The University will not reimburse the purchase of postage stamps from sources other than DPS
- Request large supplies of state-endorsed stamps well in advance of the date needed
- Preparing University mailings of 200 or more pieces for automated mail saves offices and departments time and postage costs and avoids delivery delays
- Consult DPS throughout the design process of any mailpiece to avoid costly errors and delivery delays and to determine the following:
- mail class
- mail sortation
- non-profit qualification
- service endorsements
- For all mailings of 200 or more pieces, contact DPS about automated mail preparation and rates
- Preparing a mailing for automated mail allows the mailing to move efficiently through the mailstream by following US Postal Service (USPS) regulations concerning layout, stock, printing, folding, and tabbing
- DPS performs the following tasks when preparing mailings for automated mail:
- Checks for and removes duplicate addresses (when requested)
- Compares submitted addresses to USPS change of address database
- Formats addresses according to USPS regulations
- Generates regulation barcodes from address information
- Manually reviews all addresses not found in USPS databases in order to correct errors in submitted addresses
- Prepares reports that the USPS requires for automated mail postage discounts
- Sorts addresses according to USPS requirements
Mail preparation services include assistance in the design and addressing of automated (barcoded and presorted) mailings and preparation of the required U.S. Postal Service reports for such mailings. Pieces that can be addressed include self-mailers (either letter or flat design) up to 1/8" thick, envelopes ranging in size from 3"×5" to 12"×15", laser labels, and postcards.
Additional items prepared and printed include certificates and invitations, personalized letters (large volume mailings of more than 200 pieces only), accent color on envelopes, and business reply envelopes. DPS will also consider any piece not listed. Please contact大发11选5.
For mailing list downloads for student, prospective student, faculty and staff, administrative, or University databases, contact Administrative Information Management Systems (AIMS). For downloads for alumni databases, contact Alumni Programs. Once an order is initiated, contact our Mail Preparation Staff to notify them of the upcoming mailing.
DPS does not share downloads or save downloads received from Western Illinois University's mainframe database sources once a job is completed. This policy guarantees that mailings will always contain the most current address information available.
Automated Mail Preparation
The University requires that all mailings of sufficient quantity and regulation mail-piece size be processed as automated mailings. See DPS's mailing services section above for details.
The following information is required on a mail preparation services request form: contact name and phone number, submission date, department or organization name, account number, authorized signature for account, number of pieces in mailing, target mailing date, finished mail piece size (letter or flat), postage rate to be used, completed job delivery location.
Jobs can be delivered to DPS via , e-mail, drop-off points, walk-in, or fax. Once a job is received, it will be set up per the client's request and returned to the client for review and/or final approval if necessary as in the case of personalized letters. Once a client approves a job, DPS applies U.S. Postal Service address standards, including address verification, presort, and postal report production. Automated addresses are then printed. Any job sent to DPS is evaluated to determine what steps are necessary to meet the requirements and guidelines established by the University and/or the U.S. Postal Service. DPS reserves the right to address pieces by either direct imprint or labeling as required to maintain quality and visual identity standards, facilitate workflow procedures, and/or meet postal service requirements. To ensure that DPS can address pieces as desired, please consult DPS early in the design process. Charges reflect the mail preparation steps applied to a particular job. At this time, the client is expected to supply letterhead and envelopes. For an additional charge, DPS will fold and stuff mailing envelopes that can then be entered directly into the mailstream.
USPS may revoke a business reply mailer permit because of format errors, so it is imperative that University personnel follow the strict guidelines set by USPS.
According to USPS guidelines, business reply envelopes may only be used for their intended purposes. The delivery address on the business reply envelope may not be altered to redirect the mail piece to any address other than the one preprinted on the piece. Departments may mark on the mail piece as needed as long as (1) the marks are outside of the address block (to the left of the Western mailing address and above 5/8" from the bottom of the mail piece) and (2) the mailing address to which the envelope is being returned is not altered. Departments may request that specific information (such as account numbers) be printed on the first (attention) line of the mailing address at the time of printing. If you have any questions regarding existing envelopes or envelope alterations, please contact DPS at 298-1000.
The Macomb campus has been assigned four extended zip codes that are to be used for business reply mailings sent through the United States Postal Service (USPS):
- 61455-9972 for letters weighing 1 ounce or less
- 61455-9960 for letters weighing more than 1 once
- 61455-9971 for postcards
- 61455-9984 for flats
Each 9-digit zip is intended for a particular type of business reply mail. These extended zip codes differ from 61455-1390, the zip code used on regular mail. In addition to the 9-digit zip code, three specific barcodes are precisely positioned on each business reply envelope to expedite delivery of the piece that indicate the exact destination of the mailing.
See our to order business reply envelopes.
Prices & Billing
DPS's mail preparation services operate on a cost-recovery basis. DPS bills for services electronically. See Prices for details.
Where Do I Start with My Project?
Customers can initiate the document preparation process by using the or by contacting DPS.
Conforming to the Visual Identity Guidelines ensures the success of Western Illinois University's visual identity through consistency of use. This manual contains approved standard graphic elements of the Western Illinois University identity system. All documents produced for Western Illinois University related to official University business and distributed within or outside of the University must adhere to the Visual Identity Guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding University policies or procedures as outlined in these guidelines, contact University Marketing. Policies for day-to-day operations, commemorative logos, and sponsorship agreements are also available by contacting University Marketing. If you have any questions regarding official letterhead, business cards, envelopes and other print materials, contact Document and Publication 大发11选5 (DPS).